Tuesday, October 18, 2011

first a recap, then our 15 month old!

This is where I would normally link back to this post - but seeing as how a certain creeper caused me to delete my old blog that's not quite possible anymore. Luckily I still saved them all so no worries, I'll be sure to just include old ones here and there. 

Today is Caedmon's 15 month birthday. I wanted to list some of his developments but first I thought I'd start with where he was 3 months ago - on his first birthday!
________________________________________________________________

My boy is 1. I know you already know that… but I haven’t told you about all of the new things he’s getting in to.
  •  not interested AT ALL in walking - he knows, for now, crawling is way faster
  •   little mister has seven teeth!
  •   blowing kisses
  •   mimicking sounds - says “brmmm” for cars and says “ah ah” for monkey he also will say “laa la” when I sing to him (heart melter…)
  •   little stinker is STILL waking up once a night (after 7-9 hours of sleep)
  •   2 naps a day - both usually a little over an hour (sometimes he surprises me and takes a 2 hour nap in the am, though)
  •   loves sticking his tongue out and holding it
  •   loves to share everything he eats… even if he’s already chewed it some
  •  mommy is still the most awesomest person in the whole world. he does fine with other people but if he can see me - i have to hold him, no one else will do. 
  •   gives kisses on occasion… he really makes you feel special when they happen because they don’t come easy! he’s stingy. but he passed up the open mouth kiss fairly quickly and now he sort of puckers… it’s PRESH.
  •   he weighs 19.24 pounds (10%), is in the 50% for height and the 30% for his head. The stats just help know how he measures up in comparison to other one year olds… we’ve got a skinny boy - no adorable chunky leg rolls, here!
  •   Because he’s not 20 pounds, he’s still rear facing in the car seat - but he’s okay with it - even though if he stretches out his feet touch the seat
  •   We’ve starting the weaning process so he’s nursing just 3 times a day (and once at night) plus eating 3 meals… er, when he eats those meals! more on this later…

That’s it! Such a fun, fun time having a toddler. Loving seeing this little man’s personality shine brighter every day!

_____________________________________________________________________
And onto my 15 month old.
  • is mostly walking now! Sometimes he still prefers to crawl - but lately when he falls he'll just get back on his feet. He's been late to start lots of things - but he always picks them up super fast.
  • has eight teeth and is cutting 2 more... so I guess almost 10! I'm thinking about making a dentist appointment for him soon, kind of crazy!
  • still no words for this little man. he can say "ma ma" and "da da" "no" and "choo choo" but none of them are totally clear - I asked the doc about it today and he said he's not concerned. Where he's been learning to walk the past few weeks he hasn't been interested in learning to talk. Dr. suspects once he starts he'll be speaking in full sentences within a week or two :) Guess that's how our boy is going to do things - later than some but a super fast learner
  • He is definitely understanding me. I can ask him do you want this? and he will shake his head and say no, or accept (but mostly I get no's). I can ask him to hand me a book or hand something to daddy and little man knows what I'm saying and does it! It's so awesome. (His comprehension is the reason Dr. W wasn't concerned with him not speaking)
  • Sleeping through the night (happened when we stopped nursing, usually 11 or 12 hour stretches) and is taking one 2 - 2.5 hour nap a day.
  • Will eat like it's his job one day and the next day will eat next to nothing. Apparently it's how all the toddlers are doing it
  • Still rear-facing in the car seat. Plan on keeping him that way til he's 2 - he doesn't know what he's missing
  • Weighs 20.12 down from the 10% to the 8% - Doc was just happy to see he gained weight. I've still got my skinny-legged boy :)
  • he LOVES cars... I thank the Lord for toy cars on a daily basis.
  • With me starting to nanny he's been watching more TV than I like. He knows to hand me the TV remote, then the wii remote... he can start shows all by himself! (We have our wii hooked up to Netflix) But the only thing we let him watch is Thomas the Train and Veggie Tales... at least they have good messages. That's how I'm coping with it.
  • We've started the switch to a montessori room! More on this later - but note it is going to be a slow, slow process. Doc recommended waiting until at least 18 months before moving to a toddler bed/mattress on the floor. So, I'm trusting him and we're going to see how it goes. But excited about all of the other changes - Caedmon is too!
That's about all I can think of! I am one super proud momma. I seriously am head over heels about this boy!

2 comments: