Monday, February 13, 2012


This little boy... he makes my whole day brighter. He's just totally, unbelievably awesome. He makes me want to pull all my hair out one minute and then in the very next second has me beaming with pride over him.

I love reading mommy blogs. But so often I feel inadequate because they seem like perfect mothers with perfect children. Children who are exceeding milestones left and right. I recently read a blog post of a mom with a two year old talking about how she was a big handful and a birthday party. And it was so refreshing! Refreshing to know my son isn't the only one who acts up. I don't want to post pictures of my ridiculously cute son and make you think he's that charming all the time. Because he's not. He's a handful. He's so stubborn (Michael claims he gets it from me) and desperately tries to be wildly independent. Maybe not for all parents... but for us - it's extremely challenging. Wonderfully, delightfully, perfectly challenging.

He's actually upstairs with lip gloss still on his forehead because he's refusing to let me clean it off... and he snuck into my make up bag and got a hold of it within seconds of me not watching him. A lot of times we go out I worry someone thinks I'm kidnapping him because of the way he screams when I pick him up if he's been walking by himself. He always refuses to hold my hand and would rather sit in an aisle than walk holding my hand (BIG time stubborn and independent!) But at the same time... he's a gem. A wonderful child of God that I am so blessed with. Truly.

I don't want to be totally negative, either - just honest. Honest about how things are going with our toddler in hopes that someone reads this and feels that refreshing feeling of, "Hey, glad to know I'm not the only one..." Because you're not... at least, I hope not! :)

:)

1 comment:

  1. so I wrote this huge long comment.... but it didn't show up.... booo.

    but the point of it was that I def. can relate to you girl.... we had a 20 minutes felt down today... stubborn.turkey. Ugh

    ReplyDelete