Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Photoshoot!

Man, has my blog been all over the place lately or what? I've got house projects, green living ideas, pregnancy updates, as well as just day-to-day stuff with a toddler... sorry for being all over the place - it's just what's going on in our lives right now. :) But to be fun and add one more thing to the mix - I did a photoshoot over the weekend and I thought I'd share a little bit about it.

This was my third photoshoot and I've already got some other sweet families who have agreed to model for me and give me some more practice, which I am so very thankful for! I was going to do a four month shoot for my sweet friend Ashley's daughter when she called and asked if I was up for turning it into a (much) larger photoshoot for her family. I was definitely intimidated but excited to give it a try. Turns out they hadn't had a family photo taken in 10 years! So any pictures were better than no pictures, right? :)

After looking at so many photographers family galleries and reading so many articles/how-tos/forums for how to take photographs for larger families outdoors... I met them at a local park feeling about as confident as possible for someone who has such a limited amount of experience. The most challenging part? Just being the boss - telling people to pose or stand this way or that way. It was difficult to focus on the details while also trying to focus on the more technical details of my camera settings. Which I'm happy to report I'm much more confident with!

It was amazing to me to see how much I've grown after just three photo shoots (in addition to photographing my sweet son all the time)! I've thoroughly enjoyed each one and I just love learning more and more.

So, I thought I'd share just a few of my favorites. I realize I'm a big newbie at this, but I'm loving all that I'm learning along the way. Hope you enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment