Saturday, May 26, 2012

foodie friday

So I mentioned here a little bit about how we do our grocery shopping each week - and since I shared a lot of what we bought I thought I'd share just some of the different meals we had, too. Sorry, I wasn't so good about taking photos this week!


We almost always have a veggie dinner night - where we try to round up some of the veggies that we haven't eaten yet. So one meal consisted of mashed sweet potatoes, corn, asparagus, a side salad, and a tomato because I really wanted to finish off the rainbow of colors I had going (red - tomato, orange - sweet potato, yellow - corn, green - asparagus and salad). Random, but a yummy dinner!



We also lately have been having burger night at least once a week. For this meal we added a bit of onion, garlic and cheese to the ground beef and Michael made patties and cooked them on the George Forman. We put some lettuce and tomato on them and I made sure to buy some whole wheat buns, too! We also had sweet potato fries topped with cinnamon, corn, and macaroni and cheese to finish off this meal. *Caedmon ate ONLY the macaroni and cheese at this meal. Such. a. bummer!

And a few other simple meals we had were - 

The pasta we got from Lexington Pasta was one meal that we had with some asparagus.

Spaghetti is another weekly staple. We had this with a side salad this week.

And then yet another staple around here is black bean burritos with guacamole. We have whole wheat tortillas and fill them with some brown rice, black beans with some Rotel mixed in, cheese, sour cream, guac, and jalapenos. :) Very easy and also very yummy! I make excellent homemade guacamole... or I sure seem to think so :) Michael always teases me about eating most of it all by myself. But this week Caedmon gobbled it up, too!

I could so easily be a vegetarian :) I like that our weekly meals generally only have meat in them once or twice. And we have been doing so good with incorporating at least one or two veggies into each meal dinner time.

We ended up using all of the produce from the market except for a few peaches and a little bit more lettuce which will just carry over into this week.

We went to the market this morning and I have several different things on the menu for this week - hopefully they'll work out! And hopefully I'll do better with next weeks foodie friday as far as photos are concerned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment