Friday, January 13, 2012

16 weeks!

I can't believe I'm sixteen weeks already! Being at stay-at-home mom has kept me busy I think I just haven't really had time to sit and think about the baby... but when I do I'm excited.

It's weird... a few weeks ago we met a dear friend of ours baby and I remember thinking when we left, "I'm glad that we won't have one of those for many, many more weeks." And then Michael and I were looking at Caedmon's newborn pictures the other night... and we both couldn't wait to have this new baby. To see how he or she is different from our Caedmon and to see how we grow as parents. Weird how it affects your heart different when it's yours, at least for us anyway. 

Well, I did this with my last pregnancy and I'd like to do it again... Maybe I'll re-post my old pregnancy posts to just see how this one compares? Any thoughts on that? No? Well, I'll probably try to do that soon... for my sake. You know, in case you're not all that interested. :)

So here we go... our first update! 

How far along? 16 weeks

Updates on baby: He or she is the size of an avocado! I had a midwife appointment this week and I got to hear the heartbeat for a second, but baby was wiggling around so much it was hard for her to find it. 

Symptoms/Body Changes: I still have morning sickness, only in the morning (just like last time). Even if I eat right away, I'll still get sick. It is what it is and it really doesn't even phase me too much anymore. As far as body changes go... My shirts are already becoming too short and I haven't been able to button my jeans in weeks. So, no judging if you only see me in yoga pants... Also, sleep is kind of an issue. Probably because I have to pee about every 30 minutes... no joke. (Luckily at night it's usually just once or twice but... still). And I'm so tired so much of the time. Actually, the other night was kind of a rough one. I finished making dinner. Then as soon as Michael walked in the door it's like my body said "Okay, we don't have to hold on anymore" and I got so, so sick. I was able to eat dinner but Michael made me up a bubble bath while he was putting Caedmon to bed. Next thing I knew he was waking me up... in the tub. I had fallen asleep in the bath tub. I didn't think that actually happened to people, but apparently, it can. 

Movement: I feel positive I felt movement once, three days ago... but nothing since then! I felt Caedmon move between 18 and 19 weeks, so maybe it will be the same this time around. I cannot wait for those little, tiny, reassuring kicks.

Exercise: Mmmm.... I'm going to try to keep this as a section on this weekly updates but if I'm being honest, I'm probably not going to do so hot in this area. It's gotten cold here and with having two young ones during the day... it's really difficult to leave the house. But I'm hoping to find some yoga videos or something...

Cravings/Aversions: Today I've had two cravings... and my mom is here visiting so she's indulged me. The first was some of those Hostess cupcakes with the cream in the middle. I told her I wanted chocolate and she said "Oh, what kind?" And I told her and then I took a nap while Caedmon napped. When I woke up she was getting back from the store and handed me a cupcake. The second was a vegetarian burrito from Chipotle. It was 4:00 and I was so hungry, we were out and about and she said, "Okay pregnant lady whatever you want" And so that's what I got to eat... I ate the whole thing and then I even ate half of Caedmon's quesadilla he had left over. I have been hungry lately. (Strangely, though, at my last appt. I hadn't gained any weight... that has never happened for me with pregnancy appointments).


Getting ready for baby: We have an office that is our junk room. It's ridiculous we have a room full of junk, but unfortunately, we do. We've gotten rid of some books, a small book shelf, computer games, and some clothes. The only things in there now are a dresser, the computer desk, and Caedmon's bigger toys that we don't have room for anywhere else. We've also organized all of our important papers (that may have just been scattered in the corner) and I organized all of my craft supplies and moved that small tower of drawers into our bedroom. We have a long way to go, but it feels good to at least be getting started!


What I miss: Sleeping all through the night. 

What I am looking forward to: This weekend! It's a three day weekend and my dad and brother and his family are coming to visit (Mom came up a few days early) and we're ordering pizza and having a game night tomorrow. We'll have a full house for certain, but it should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment